Vault Excess Liability
The Right Coverage for When Things Go Wrong
Excess liability coverage is an often overlooked area of risk management and many individuals who have it are underinsured. Certain lifestyle factors can make you more at risk for liability.
- 01 Lifestyle Factors
- 02 Risk Types
Lifestyle factors with increased liability risks include:
- Owning a boat
- Entertaining and hosting at your home
- Employing household staff
- Having a swimming pool on your property
- Driving frequently, especially in states with a high rate of uninsured motorists
- Having a dog at your home
- Serving on a board for a not-for-profit organization
- Being at risk for lawsuits due to status, fame, or posting frequently online
- Traveling abroad often
Types of risks excess liability can protect you from:
- Bodily injury, medical and liability claims due to accidents at your home, driving a vehicle, a dog bite, and other incidents
- Libel and slander lawsuits
- Property damage caused by you or a family member
- Wrongful employment lawsuits
- Liability due to actions as a not-for-profit board member
In the event of a car accident involving an uninsured or underinsured driver, we have you covered. We offer high coverage limits to cover the excess.
If you or an insured family member are injured by someone with no or inadequate insurance, we offer up to $1 million in coverage.
Vault pays legal defense costs, over and above your liability policy limit.
Vault provides access to a panel of leading attorneys, specializing in the needs of affluent clients and knowledgeable of venues, judges, and plaintiff’s bar.
Vault will cover up to $10,000 in legal fees if you choose your own personal attorney in a lawsuit against you.
Vault provides up to $1 million in coverage for employment-related claims made by your domestic staff. This includes discrimination, wrongful termination and sexual harassment.
If you serve on a not-for-profit board, Vault provides coverage up to $5 million for liability exposure.
Up to $25K to engage a crisis management firm to manage emergency, disruptive situations.
Maria* Owns a Swimming Pool. During the Summer Months, She Often Hosts Gatherings.Knowing the risks of having guests enjoy her pool, Maria decided it’d be best to look into excess liability coverage.
Her Vault agent helped her find the best coverage amount for her situation to protect her from liability. Her agent also recommended some risk mitigation tips, including a pool enclosure, installing a retractable safety cover to close the pool when not in use, limiting alcohol around the pool, and having proper safety tools such as life vests.
Maria implemented these steps to reduce her risks and could host again with greater peace of mind.
*names and some details have been changed
Experience The Vault Difference
Why choose Vault? Because we offer exceptional customer service, the fastest claims response time, and industry-leading custom insurance solutions.